Before you know it week 2 has been and gone. Not loads to say as the training is similar to last week except for the addition of 6 mile road race in the form of “Summer League Race 2 – Sproatley 6”
Week 2 – 67 mi (8h 36m)
- Monday – Easy 8 Cross Country
- Tuesday – PM: 6 mi hard (race) + 2 mi warm up and 0.9 mi cool down
- Wednesday – 12 mi midweek LSR
- Thursday – Rest day due to being Liverpool for work all day.
- Friday –
- AM: Easy 4.2 mi recovery run
- PM: Easy 10 mi
- Saturday – Strength workout – 11.4 mi (8 x 800m with 400m recovery + 3 mi warm up and 2.5 mi cool down)
- Sunday – 12 mi LSR
A really pleasing week. The race wasn’t quite the pace I expected but still averaged a good 6.12 per mile (maybe went out too fast with a 5.46 first mile – it is downhill!). The easy runs were all around 7.45 /mi pace which felt very comfortable, as it should, however it’s still pleasing to know the strength in the legs is coming back. Saturday’s strength workout was a real killer, I did plan to do 10 reps but after 8 for a total of just under 6 miles I decided that it was best to call it a day.
Now looking forward to Tuesdays 5k race, fingers crossed I’m close to PB pace (and the wind abates a little).